Glen Oak Park, Peoria, IL. (1895-????)
Work began on Glen Oak Park in April 1895. It was dedicated just four months later with an estimated 30,000 people in attendance. More
than 2,500 public school children attended the first Field Day held in 1897. A miniature railroad opened at Glen Oak Park, ground was
officially broken for a ride along Prospect Heights (later to become Grand View Drive and listed on the National Historic Register in 1996).
The park had a total of 7 kiddie rides, a petting zoo, picnic area and concession stands.